MR Neck Angio With Contrast
A magnetic Resonance neck angiography is the radiology of the neck that is done using a powerful magnetic field along with contrast.
What is MR Neck Angio With Contrast?
A Magnetic resonance angiography of the neck with contrast is the radiology of the neck. MRA of the neck uses a very strong magnetic field, computer, and radio waves. It helps to estimate blood vessels and aids in finding abnormalities. The exam does not require the use of ionizing radiation. An injection of Gadolinium, a contrast material is used. This contrast material is less likely to cause an allergic reaction compared to the iodinated contrast material used in other radiology methods.
How is MR Neck Angio with Contrast performed?
This radiology is performed like most other MRIs; the steps include:
- The receiver will be placed around the bed on which you lie.
- The IV catheter will be placed in your arm.
- You will be placed in the magnet of the MRI unit.
- Another set of IV will be injected after some tests and will be followed with some more imaging and scanning.
This radiology process takes 30 minutes.
Side effects/risks of MR Neck Angio
Some of the risks involved with this radiology include:
- Not recommended in the early stages of pregnancy, due to magnetic radiation may cause harm to the fetus.
- An allergic reaction.
- Infection in the injected area.
Preparation before performing MR Neck Angio
You will be required to take some measures before going into the radiology:
- Wear loose clothes.
- Refrain from eating and drinking a few hours prior to the test.
- In case you are claustrophobic, ask the doctor for a sedative.
Post-care after MR Neck Angio
You will be free to go as soon as the radiology is finished. You have to follow certain instructions:
- Refrain from using machinery on the same day, (if sedative was used).
- Drink plenty of water.
- Must not drive or travel alone in public transport.
At mfine you will be able to find all your radiology needs to be served.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologists online.