The imaging procedure using the computing tomography for visualizing the areas of the coronal PNS is the CT scan.
What is CT Scan PNS Plain – Coronal
CT scan PNS Plain of the coronal PNS is a diagnosing method of the peripheral nervous system. It is the evaluation of the paranasal sinuses . It is more informative than the axial CT scan and therefore preferred. It detects the presence of tumors or any inflammation in the tissues. X-rays determine the structures of the areas under the study. It is a non-invasive method of performing a painless analysis over the defects.
How is CT Scan PNS Plain – Coronal performed?
The procedure of the diagnosis is as follows:
- Give the patient a contrast, if required.
- Make the patient lie down on the bed in a still position.
- The body of the patient is scanned by the X–rays as the bed moves along the length of the scanner.
- The computer then produces the image of the body part concerned.
- The computer makes a three-dimensional image by combining the different images from different angles.
The scanning time is about 30 seconds, and the whole procedure takes 10 minutes to complete.
Side effects/risks of CT Scan PNS Plain – Coronal
The contrast material and the X-rays may pose certain issues such as:
- X–rays may cause cancer due to continuous exposure.
- The contrast may cause dizziness, nausea, and vomiting if a person is allergic to it.
- The contrast may also cause itching, redness, and swelling in the skin.
- Mild discomfort may arise from holding one position for a long time.
Preparation before performing CT Scan PNS Plain – Coronal
- Remove any jewelry and accessories.
- Wear loose clothing.
- Tell the concerned doctor if you have bismuth or diabetes medicine intake.
- Avoid the test during
- Avoid the consumption of food 4-6 hours prior to the test .
Post care after CT Scan PNS Plain – Coronal
The post care may include:
- As per the results of the test, the doctor may give instructions to follow.
- Pay attention to those instructions and follow them wisely.
- No special attention is required.