CECT Left Clavicle
CT scan is a very important tool to assess the fractures or any other kind of shoulder defects.
The CECT technique, which means contrast-enhanced computerized tomography, diagnoses the shoulder area. With the help of X-ray, a computerized image enclosing the shoulder region is prepared for knowing the exact problems associated with the shoulder. It is useful to determine the cause of the shoulder pains, any dislocation, or fractures of the clavicle. It also identifies any swelling or injuries of the tissues in the shoulder. A contrast material helps in producing high-quality images of the internal parts. It is an easy and effective approach to studying the areas which appear to have some kind of problems.
This procedure is simple to perform.
- The patient drinks a contrast material.
- The patient lies down in the desired position without moving.
- The X–ray is directed towards the patient’s body.
- Only the desired area undergoes imaging, while the other parts remain covered in the lead covering.
- In order to obtain the images from different angles, the position of the patient changes accordingly.
The images thus obtained are combined together to produce a detailed three-dimensional image of the affected area.
Contrast material and the X-ray may pose certain risks such as:
- Itching or redness in the skin.
- Dizziness, headache, and fever.
- Some people may experience vomiting, nausea, and diarrhoea.
- Mild discomforts may arise due to holding one position for a long time.
Before taking the analysis, the individual needs to perform the following:
- Remove any jewelry and accessories.
- Should not consume food before 4 hours of the test.
- Avoid the test during
After the completion of the process, the individual can take care of the following points:
- Carefully follow any instructions from the doctor.
Know more about the right approach and discuss the plan of action with the top radiologists on mfine. Download the application now.