Overview of PROTEIN URINE TEST
Protein Urine Test measures the amount of protein in the urine. It is used for the diagnosis of several kidney disorders as well as diabetes.
What is PROTEIN URINE TEST?
Protein Urine Test is a part of urinalysis, which is a routine urine test. Protein Urine Test measures the amount of albumin in urine. Normally urine does not have a high concentration of protein, thus this 24 hour test helps monitor kidney damage.
Why is PROTEIN URINE TEST suggested?
Protein Urine Test is suggested for the following reasons:
- Symptoms of kidney disease eg difficulty urinating,frequent urination etc.
- To check for infections.
- As a routine check for diabetes.
How is PROTEIN URINE TEST performed?
Protein Urine Test is performed as follows:
- Test can be performed at home.
- Urine collection containers are supplied from health practitioner.
- Urine is collected at designated intervals throughout a 24 hour period.
- Container sent to lab for analysis.
What are the parameters measured in PROTEIN URINE TEST?
The parameters measured in Protein Urine Test is the amount of protein, especially albumin, in the urine. In kidney disorders there is an excessive amount of albumin in urine.
Preparation before performing PROTEIN URINE TEST
No preparation is required in Protein Urine Test.
Post-care after PROTEIN URINE TEST
There is no post-care required for Protein Urine Test.
Sample types in PROTEIN URINE TEST
Sample type in Protein Urine Test:
Side effects/risks of PROTEIN URINE TEST
There are no side effects/risk of Protein Urine Test .