Penile Colour Doppler is an Ultrasound scan conducted to check the flow of blood within the Penis. It is used to determine problems like Erectile dysfunction(1).
What is Penile Colour Doppler Scan?
Penile Colour Doppler Scan is conducted in men to determine the problems in the penis. This is a minimally invasive process.
How is Penile Colour Doppler Scan Performed?
The Penile Colour Doppler Scan is an effective tool to detect problems.
- The patient is made to lie down on the table in the supine position.
- Special ultrasound gel is being applied and longitudinal probes are used to perform the ultrasound.
- Special Papaverine injection is given intracavernosal, to keep the penis flaccid. The scan is done both before and after the injection.
Penile Colour Doppler Scan does not require hospitalization.
Side-effects of Penile Colour Doppler Scan
Penile Colour Doppler Scan is a safe process with minimum side-effects.
- The gel can cause allergy or tingling sensation.
- While performing the scan the radiologist might require pressing the probe a bit harder causing a bit of pain.
Preparation before Penile Colour Doppler Scan
Penile Colour Doppler Scan requires a prior appointment at the clinic.
- Stop smoking three days before the scan.
- The medical history and cardiac problems (if any) should be mentioned to the doctor.
Post-care after Penile Colour Doppler Scan
As per the instructions of the radiologist after Penile Colour Doppler Scan the patient can,
- Return home and carry on regular routine.
- In case of any pain, call your doctor.
- Do not drive or do strenuous work, if you feel weak after the scan.
Consult top radiologists and Gynecologists in your city through the mfine app.
Download the mfine app and consult <radiologists and Gynecologists > online.