Vitamin B 9
Vitamin B 9 blood test is done to determine the Autoimmune disease called Pernicious Anaemia or a Macrocytic Anaemia.
What is Vitamin B 9 test?
Vitamin B 9 is a normal test done to determine the level of Vitamin B9 in the blood and its functioning. The test determines and confirms the presence of Autoimmune disorder called Pernicious Anaemia which occurs as a result of inadequate absorption of vitamin B9 or folic acid by the body. The Vitamin B 9 test is used to determine whether the patient is anemic or not.
Why is Vitamin B 9 test suggested?
Vitamin B 9 test is done when the patient experiences the following symptoms,
- Bleeding Gums.
- Memory loss.
- Low reflexes and numbness.
How is Vitamin B 9 test performed?
Vitamin B 9 is a complication free blood test,
- The patient is made to sit and the vein is detected by tying a cord.
- The blood is removed from the vein and sent for testing.
What are the parameters measured in Vitamin B 9 test?
The Vitamin B 9 test is used to determine the presence of Vitamin B 9 in the blood. It is an important marker to detect the idiopathic inflammatory myopathies.
Preparation before Vitamin B 9 test
Preparations required before performing Vitamin B 9 test,
- The patient should maintain a fast for nearly 5-6 hours.
- Discuss the medical history with the doctor along with the medications.
- Also, mention if another person in the family has this disease since they are genetic. 
Post-care after Vitamin B 9 test
Vitamin B 9 test does not require any special post care
- The patient can go home immediately after the test and resume their daily activities.
Sample types of Vitamin B 9 test
Vitamin B 9 requires,
Side effects of Vitamin B 9 test?
Vitamin B 9 test has