Hb D Iran
Hb D Iran test is performed to check for hemoglobin D iran (an uncommon structural hemoglobin variant) in the patient’s bloodstream.
What is Hb D Iran?
Hb D Iran is a blood test which helps in diagnosing and evaluating the presence of hemoglobin D iran in patient’s bloodstreams. The test is named so because the variation was initially observed in Iran.
Why is Hb D Iran Suggested?
Hb D Iran is generally suggested when the patient is showing the following symptoms
- Pain crises
- Leg ulcers
How is Hb D Iran performed?
Hb D Iran test is a quite simple test.
- The arm of the patient is cleaned with a germ-killing solution.
- 5 ml blood is drawn.
- Sample is then sent to lab for further testing.
- Patient will receive the test results after a period of time.
What are parameters measured in Hb D Iran
Hb D Iran test measures.
Preparation before Hb D Iran
Hb D Iran is a safe procedure. No special preparation required for the test. Patients have to schedule the test beforehand.
- Inform your doctor if you are on any medication or have any underlying medical condition.
- Try and tell the doctor all the symptoms.
Post-care after Hb D Iran
Hb D Iran test doesn’t require any post care.
- The patient is free to go home after they have given the sample for Hb D Iran.
- You may rest for some time.
Sample types in Hb D Iran
Side-effects of Hb D Iran
Hb D Iran test is a safe procedure. Some common risks are
- For people who are scared of injections, this can be a painful process.
- Risk of infection (from where the skin is broken).
- Fainting or feeling lightheaded.
- Accumulation of blood under the skin.