CD22 is a molecule found on the surface of the mature B cells and some in the immature B cells.
What is CD22?
CD22 is found in the bloodstream of the human body that prevents the immune system from overeating and also prevents the growth of autoimmune diseases. CD22 test is performed to measure the CD22 levels in the blood and also during and after the treatment of lymphoma and leukaemia.
Why is CD22 suggested?
CD22 test is suggested when the following symptoms are experienced:
- Morning sickness.
How is CD22 performed?
The steps to perform CD22 test are mentioned below:
- A cloth is wrapped around the patient’s arm and the skin is wiped with alcohol.
- Skin is pricked for collecting the blood sample from the patient.
- The surface of the skin is then bandaged.
- The blood sample is sent to the labs for examination.
- The examiner will check the CD22 levels in the blood and send the results to the patient.(1)
The process of CD22 test is harmless and the patient can go home once it is over.
What are the parameters measured in CD22?
The parameters measured with the CD22 test are to see if the symptoms experienced by the patient are due to leukaemia or lymphoma, depending upon the CD22 levels in the bloodstream.
Preparation before performing CD22
Preparation required before performing CD22 are:
- Inform the doctor about your medical history.
- Do as instructed by the doctor.
Post-care after CD22
Post-care after CD22 are:
- Take proper rest.
- Take the medications as prescribed by the doctor.
Sample types in CD22
The sample types in CD22 are:
Side effects of CD22
The side effects of CD22 test are: