Anti Thrombin III test is done in case the patient experiences recurrent and inappropriate blood clotting.
What is Anti Thrombin III?
Anti Thrombin III test is a lab test that is used for diagnosing an antithrombin deficiency.
Anti Thrombin lll test measures the activity and quantity of antithrombin present in the bloodstream.
Why is Anti Thrombin III suggested?
The Anti Thrombin III test is suggested in case the patient experiences recurrent and inappropriate amount of blood clotting. Other tests for excessive clotting disorder are also suggested along with it.
How is Anti Thrombin III performed?
Anti Thrombin III test is performed as follows:
- A blood sample is drawn from the patient.
- The blood sample is tested for the amount and activity of antithrombin.
What are the parameters measured in Anti Thrombin III?
Anti Thrombin III test measures the presence of antithrombin in the given test sample.
- Under the circumstance that antithrombin levels are less than the required minimum, the patient suffers from blood clotting due to antithrombin deficiency.
- In case the test results show a normal level of antithrombin in the patient’s body, other tests are administered to conclude the reason behind blood clotting.
Preparation before performing Anti Thrombin III
The following points need to be taken into consideration before the Anti Thrombin III test:-
- The patient must visit the doctor to discuss all the details of symptoms and medical history.
- The patient may need to stop taking blood thinning medication before the test is performed.
Post-care after Anti Thrombin III
Anti Thrombin III test is a simple procedure. No special care is required post the sample for testing has been given.
A bandage may be required in case blood is drawn.
Sample types in Anti Thrombin III
Anti Thrombin III test is done only by the use of blood samples of patients.
Side effects/risks of Anti Thrombin III
Anti Thrombin III is a simple lab test hence, there are no side effects or risks of undergoing the test.