Allergy – Drugs
Information on Allergy – Drugs
Allergy – Drugs is common among people now a day. The drug allergy can be caused when the person is allergic to one particular medication or chemical used in the drug.
What is Allergy – Drugs?
Drug allergy is caused when the person’s immune system acts opposite to a particular medicine. The patient might be allergic to some chemical available in the medication and when they come in contact with that particular chemical the Allergy – Drugs reaction begins.
Why is Allergy – Drugs suggested?
Allergy – Drugs test is suggested to confirm the cause for these symptoms,
- Breathing problems
- Itchiness in the skin, eyes, etc…
- Swelling in parts of the face
How is Allergy – Drugs tests performed?
The patient can be tested for their Allergy – Drugs through various simple tests like,
- The blood test is conducted by taking a sample of blood from the patient’s
Allergy – Drugs tests provide accurate results and is a small procedure.
What are the parameters measured in Allergy – Drugs?
The parameters measured in Allergy – Drugs are
Blood test is done to determine the availability of antibodies that cause the reaction in blood.
Preparation before performing Allergy – Drugs
Before being subjected to test for Allergy – Drugs the patients should,
- Inform if they have done previous tests before.
- The patient should inform their reactions to the previous test to the doctor.
Post-care after Allergy – Drugs
Post-care after Allergy – Drugs testing are
- The doctor may prescribe a different medicine that doesn’t affect the patient.
- If the patient is under the condition to consume that particular drug then the treatment of desensitization is introduced to the patient.
Sample types in Allergy – Drugs
The sample types in Allergy – Drugs are
Side effects of Allergy – Drugs test
Common Side effects of Allergy – Drugs test are,
- The patient some time may have a severe reaction to the drug during prick testing.
- Severe pain or discomfort with rashes.