NCCT Wrist Joint – Right is a scan of the right wrist that is performed without using contrast.
What is NCCT Wrist Joint – Right?
NCCT Wrist Joint – Right is a non-invasive scan that uses x-rays and computer software to produce clear images of the internal structure of the wrist joint. NCCT Wrist Joint – Right is an effective tool for Orthopaedics to detect any problems or inflammation in the right wrist. (1)
How is NCCT Wrist Joint – Right Scan Performed?
NCCT Wrist Joint – Right scan does not require any cannula or injection.
- Patient has to lie down in a prone position with the right arm placed above the head.
- Only the right-hand portion goes inside the CT scanner, which produces images of the bones, soft tissue and blood vessels in the wrist, from different angles.
Patient has to place the right hand as straight as possible and has to remain still during the entire NCCT Wrist Joint – Right procedure.
Side-effects of NCCT Wrist Joint – Right
NCCT Wrist Joint – Right scan uses x-rays to produce images of the wrist joint.
- Radiation is harmful to young children.
- Pregnant women should not be exposed to radiation as it can harm the fetus.
Preparation before Performing NCCT Wrist Joint – Right
NCCT Wrist Joint- Right scan is a simple procedure that does not require hospitalization.
- Inform the doctor, if you have any allergies, health implants or other health complications.
- Women should inform about pregnancy, to their doctor.
- Take medications before NCCT Wrist Joint – Right scan, as advised by the doctor.
Post-care after NCCT Wrist Joint – Right Scan
NCCT Wrist Joint – Right does not require any post-care.
- Patient can resume regular life after NCCT Wrist Joint – Right scan.
- Report any discomfort or pain after the scan to the doctor.
You can search for and consult top Radiologists and Orthopaedics in your city through the mfine app.
Download the mfine app and consult <Radiologists and Orthopaedics> online.