NCCT Wrist- Joint Left is a diagnostic imaging procedure that provides clear images of the internal structure of the left wrist joint. NCCT refers to the computed tomography scan that is performed without a contrast.
What is NCCT Wrist Joint – Left scan?
NCCT Wrist Joint –Left Scan uses x-rays and computer programs to generate images of the bones, soft tissues and blood vessels inside the wrist joint. NCCT Wrist Joint- Left scan is a useful tool for Orthopaedics to diagnose fractures, inflammation and infection in the wrist joint. (1)
How is NCCT Wrist Joint – Left Performed?
NCCT Wrist Joint- Left is performed at a Radiology clinic.
- Patient has to lie on the CT examination table in the prone position, with the left hand extended over the head.
- Only the left hand moves inside the CT scanner, which captures images of the wrist from different positions.
Patient has to place the left hand straight and still during the NCCT Wrist Joint – Left scan.
Side-effects of NCCT Wrist Joint – Left
NCCT Wrist Joint –Left scan uses x-rays and so there are some risks.
- Radiation can cause cancer.
- Radiation is harmful for young children.
- Patients may experience discomfort in keeping the hand straight and still during the NCCT Wrist Joint- Left scan.
Preparation before NCCT Wrist Joint – Left scan
NCCT Wrist Joint – Left is an imaging process that does not require preparation.
- Inform the doctor, if you are pregnant.
- Inform the doctor about allergies, health complications and implants.
- Do not take medications, which can affect the result of NCCT Wrist Joint – Left scan.
- Remove jewellery and metal items before the scan.
Post-care after NCCT Wrist Joint – Left scan
NCCT Wrist Joint – Left is a simple procedure.
- leave the lab and resume normal routine.
- Call the doctor to deal with discomfort.
You can search for and consult top Radiologists and Orthopaedics in your city through the mfine app.
Download the mfine app and consult <Radiologists and Orthopaedics> online.