NCCT Mastoid is the test performed by radiologists on individuals to derive detailed images of the mastoid bone in their body.
What is NCCT Mastoid?
NCCT Mastoid is a scan that helps the doctor to detect infections that can occur on the mastoid bone. NCCT Mastoid produces cross-sectional images that can be viewed on electronic media. NCCT Mastoid is a painless and highly accurate test.
How is NCCT Mastoid performed?
The procedure for NCCT Mastoid is simple and involves the following steps
- The patient might be asked to change to a hospital gown and lie down on a moveable table.
- The table will enter the scanning machine, where several x-rays will pass over the patient’s body.
- The patient can communicate with the radiologist through headphones from inside the scanning machine.
- The patient must not move during the procedure for best results.
During NCCT Mastoid the radiologist might ask the patient to hold his/her breathe sometimes. Once, the procedure is over, patient can go home.
Side effects of NCCT Mastoid
The side effects of NCCT Mastoid that some of the patients might experience are
- Heart palpitation.
- Claustrophobic sensation.
Preparation before performing NCCT Mastoid
There are certain preparation measures that must be taken before performing NCCT Mastoid like
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or have such chances before taking the NCCT Mastoid.
- Inform the doctor about your medical history.
- Remove all metal objects from your body like jewellery.
Post-care after NCCT Mastoid
The post-care after taking NCCT Mastoid is simple
- The patient must resume to normal eating routine, if the doctor has instructed to fast for hours before the NCCT Mastoid.
- The patient can take their regular medications after the procedure is over.
- In case, the side effects are being experienced for a long time after the procedure is over, consult with the doctor.
You can easily find the top radiologists and surgeons near you for NCCT Mastoid through the mfine app. Download the mfine app and consult <radiologists> online.