Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technique uses a powerful magnetic field and radio waves to construct highly detailed internal body structure images. This medical imaging does not involve radiation or x-ray.
What is MRI Venography Right Upper Limb with Contrast?
MRI is mainly used for looking at soft tissues and the nervous system . These include organs, muscles, tendons and blood vessels in many parts of the body. Areas of the brain, spine, chest, pelvis, knees, and shoulders can be examined. MRI Venography is used to differentiate congenital vein issues, determine the location for arterial bypass procedure , .
How is MRI Venography Right Upper Limb with Contrast performed?
An MRI machine could be a large tube, short bore, or an open system.
- You will lie on a padded scanning table that slides into the MRI machine.
- You may receive an injection of the contrast dye called ‘gadolinium’, along with an IV in your arm.
- The test creates a strong magnetic field along with thumping and tapping sounds as it takes images.
- You will be required to remain perfectly still, due to the sensitivity of the machine to movement .
During the scan, the technologist can communicate with you while you are inside the scanning tube.
Side effects/risks of MRI Venography Right Upper Limb with Contrast
MRI Venography Right Upper Limb with Contrast is painless, however, side effects of contrast media that are not common however may include:
● Cold feeling.
● Unpleasant taste in the mouth.
Some patients may experience a temporary metallic taste in their mouth after contrast media is injected.
Preparation before performing MRI Venography Right Upper Limb with Contrast
Preparative measures for MRI Venography Right Upper Limb with Contrast include:
- You will need to change clothes, remove all piercings, jewelry, and valuables, and wear a patient gown.
- If you have claustrophobia and need MRI done in a large tube, you will need to take anti-anxiety medication.
Post-care after MRI Venography Right Upper Limb with Contrast
You can resume your normal activity after MRI Venography Right Upper Limb with Contrast unless you experience any side effects.
For the best MRI scan solutions for the Venography Right Upper Limb with Contrast, please visit the mfine website today’.
Download the mfine app and consult a radiologist online.