MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) left wrist joint neck plain is a painless, noninvasive test that looks specifically at your left wrist joint and the surrounding areas.
What is MRI left wrist joint?
MRI left wrist joint is a medical procedure that uses a magnetic field and radio waves to produce detailed images of the left wrist joint.
The MRI left wrist joint test does not use radiations (x-rays).
MRI left wrist joint is performed to examine any structural abnormalities in the left wrist joint. MRI scans provide more clear and detailed images than CT scan.
How is MRI left wrist joint performed?
Following is the procedure for the MRI left wrist joint test:
- The technologist will ask you to lie down on the table that slides into the machine.
- If contrast is being used, you’ll get it through a vein (IV) in your arm or veins.
The MRI machine will make loud noises which is normal. The test often takes 30 to 60 minutes. If you’re feeling uncomfortable during the procedure, you may communicate with the staff with the help of the microphone attached in the machine.
Side effects/risks of MRI left wrist joint performed
Following are some of the risk factors associated with MRI left wrist joint:
- A loud noise from the MRI machine often causes hearing issues.
- There are slight chances that you will have an allergic reaction to metals and contrast solution.
- Triggers claustrophobia.
Preparation before performing MRI left wrist joint
Keep the following things in mind before taking MRI left wrist joint:
- Remove metal objects and jewelry.
- Inform your healthcare provider if you have metal in your body such as an artificial joint or pacemakers.
Stay still during the procedure as movement can cause blurry images.
Post-care after MRI left wrist joint
You may resume your usual activities after the scan. Your doctor will interpret the report findings. If you have any questions regarding the test, you may book an appointment with our specialists on mfine to discuss all your queries.
Download the mfine app and consult top radiologists online.