MRI Left Leg With Contrast is the process of taking images of the left leg with magnetic waves and contrasting material.
What is MRI Left Leg With Contrast?
MRI Left Leg With Contrast is the method preferred by the doctors to know what anomalies the left leg may be suffering from.
- There is an MRI machine with strong magnetic waves to scan through the body.
- Along with this, a contrast dye used to highlight the anomalies better.
- A lot of images are taken of the left leg from all the angles to determine the condition.
MRI Left Leg With Contrast gives an idea if a particular surgery can be carried out.
How is MRI Left Leg With Contrast performed?
MRI Left Leg With Contrast is performed in the following way:
- The patient is made to rest on a table which is to be moved into the tunnel-like MRI machine.
- The patient may be given ear-plugs to listen to music. This is done to reduce anxiety.
- The contrast material is given intravenously through the arm.
- Multiple images are taken.
The MRI Left Leg With Contrast depicts the pictures of the knee joint as well.
Side effects/risks of MRI Left Leg With Contrast
The side-effects of MRI Left Leg With Contrast are:
- Metal taste in the mouth which may last for some hours.
- The patient cannot wear metal accessories including implants during the scan.
Preparation before performing MRI Left Leg With Contrast
The preparation for MRI Left Leg With Contrast is as follows:
- The doctor should be informed about the existing medical conditions.
- Do not consume the prohibited medication.
Post-care after MRI Left Leg With Contrast
MRI Left Leg With Contrast post care involves the following:
- Keep monitoring the existing diseases.
At mfine, we ensure that everyone gets access to the best doctors for MRI with Left Leg with contrast or any other condition.
Download the mfine app and consult Orthopaedics online.