MRI Functional is useful for measuring the brain activities. It shows the changes in the brain that is associated with blood flow.
What is MRI Functional?
MRI Functional follows the MRI scanning technology using strong, static magnetic fields to study images derived from the brain. Different regions of the brain can be studied with the help of MRI Functional.
How is MRI Functional performed?
The MRI Functional is a simple procedure and it involves the steps mentioned below
- The patient needs to lie down on a moveable table, straps might be used to keep the patient still while the procedure is going on.
- The patient’s head might be placed in a brace for holding it still.
- In some cases, a contrast fluid might be injected in the patient’s arm for better results.
- The procedure will take about 30-40 minutes.
Once the MRI Functional is over, the patient can leave for home.
Side effects of MRI Functional
The common side effects of MRI Functional are
- Allergic reactions from contrast fluid.
- Claustrophobia while in the MRI machine.
Preparation before performing MRI Functional
The preparation measures that must be taken before performing MRI Functional are
- Inform the doctor if you have claustrophobia and all about your medical history.
- Eat and drink before the MRI Functional as per the doctor’s instructions.
- Remove all metal objects like jewellery, hair pins etc.
Post-care after MRI Functional
The simple post-care after MRI Functional includes of
- Eating and drinking sufficiently if the doctor asked to fast for hours before MRI Functional.
- If allergic reactions occur and remain for long hours after the examination is over, consult the doctor.
- Mothers must not breast-feed their babies within 24-48 hours after they have been given contrast fluid.
Find the best radiologists near you for MRI Functional with the mfine app. Download the mfine app and consult <radiologists> online.