MRI face and neck is performed to detect tumours in the head, face, and brain. Apart from this, it is also used to monitor the ear of the patient.
What is MRI face and neck
MRI face and neck is used to monitor the most delicate part of the spine i.e., the brain and important scenes organs. This MRI technique is used to monitor the severity of face and neck cancer. The process uses radio waves and magnetic field for producing an image of the upper back area of the spine. (1)
How is MRI face and neck performed?
MRI face and neck should be done from a reputed hospital or radiology facility.
- The patient should change the clothes and wear loose hospital gown.
- The patient is requested to lie down on the screening table.
- At the time of taking pictures, the patient is asked to be still. (2)
The maximum time required for the MRI process is 30 minutes.
Side effects of MRI face and neck
There is no harm caused by the electric and magnetic fields used in the process of MRI face and neck. (3)
● Low to mild headache.
Preparations before performing MRI face and neck
MRI face and neck should be planned in advance.
- Wear loose clothes and remove all the jewlery.
- Guidelines provided by the radiology facility, should be followed for drinking and eating before the screening.
Post care after MRI face and neck
MRI face and neck is extremely safe method of determining conditions of neck and face.
- If a patient has taken any relaxation medicine then he should be under observation.
- The patient should be given space to sit and relax.
Consulting best neurosurgeon is very easy using mfine app.
Download mfine app and consult neurosurgeons without any hassle.