In order to examine proper functioning of the spine, the MRIs are classified into three categories, cervical spine MRI, MRI Dorsal spine and MRI of the lumbar spine.
What is MRI Dorsal Spine
MRI Dorsal spine is a safe and painless test which uses radio waves and magnetic field for producing image of the upper back area of the spine. The image of the spine created by MR (Magnetic Resonance) is of utmost clarity and it becomes very easy for the neurosurgeons to determine any unfavourable conditions. (1)
How is MRI Dorsal Spine performed?
MRI Dorsal spine should be done from a reputed hospital or radiology facility.
- The patient has to lie down on the screening table with arms at the sides.
- Special imaging devices may be placed around the area to be scanned.
- The scanning table slides the body of the patient into the magnet, and images are produced. (2)
The entire process of MRI Dorsal Spine gets completed in 45 minutes and the report is generated within 48 hours.
Side effects of MRI Dorsal Spine
The electric and magnetic fields developed during MRI Dorsal Spine does not cause any harm to our body.
- Patients who are allergic to contrast material may experience slight itching and other mild reactions. (3)
Preparations before performing MRI Dorsal Spine
In order to get MRI Dorsal Spine done, the patient has to visit the concerned department and enquire about the appointment.
- Proper guideline should be followed for drinking and eating before the screening.
Post care after MRI Dorsal Spine
MRI Dorsal Spine is extremely safe and the patients do not need any care.
- Drink water.
- If a patient has taken any relaxation medicine then he should not drive at least for 4 to 5 hours.
Consulting best neurosurgeon is very easy using mfine app.
Download mfine app and consult <neurosurgeons> without any hassle.