MRI CVJ With Contrast is a diagnostic imaging tool to produce clear images of the craniovertebral junction that is the transition point between the cranium and the spinal column. (1)
What is MRI CVJ With Contrast?
MRI CVJ With Contrast uses powerful magnets, radio waves, and computer software to generate clear images of the internal structure of the CV Junction. MRI CVJ With Contrast helps in the diagnosis of congenital, developmental and acquired abnormalities of the CVJ, such as Down syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, facial paralysis, ear deformities and tumours of bone and soft tissue in the CV junction.
How is MRI CVJ With Contrast performed?
MRI CVJ With Contrast is a non-invasive procedure.
- The patient has to lie down on the MRI examination table in a supine position.
- An IV is inserted.
- The examination table slides inside the MRI scanner.
- Multiple images of the CV junction are produced.
- Gadolinium contrast is injected through the IV.
- Multiple sequences of images are generated as the contrast passes through the CV Junction.
The patient has to lie still during the MRI CVJ With Contrast scan, as any sort of movement will blur the images.
Side-effects of MRI CVJ With Contrast
MRI CVJ With Contrast does not use any form of radiation.
- The contrast used for MRI CVJ With Contrast, can cause allergies and kidney damage.
- Some metal implants can malfunction during the procedure.
- There is bruising and pain at the site of IV.
Preparations before MRI CVJ With Contrast
MRI CVJ With Contrast does not require much preparation.
- Inform the doctor, if are allergic to contrast material or shellfish.
- Inform the doctor, if you are pregnant.
- Follow the instructions of the doctor about food and medication before MRI CVJ With Contrast.
Post-care of MRI CVJ With Contrast
MRI CVJ With Contrast does not require much post-care.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out the contrast used for MRI CVJ With Contrast.
- If you are a nursing mother, you may be asked not to breastfeed for 24 hours after the tes
Mfine app helps you search for and consult the top Radiologists and Neurosurgeons in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult the Radiologists and Neurosurgeons online.