MRI CV Junction is a diagnostic imaging procedure that provides clear images of the internal structure of the craniovertebral junction. (1)
What is MRI CV Junction?
MRI CV Junction is a non-invasive procedure that generates exceptionally clear images of the craniovertebral junction using a powerful magnetic field, radio pulses, and computer software. MRI CV Junction helps in the diagnosis of congenital, developmental, and acquired abnormalities of the CV junction. (1)
How is MRI CV Junction Performed?
MRI CV Junction is performed in multiple sequences.
- Patients have to lie down on the MRI examination table.
- Coils that generate, and receive radio pulses are placed around the head.
- The table moves inside the MRI scanner, which takes series of images of the CV Junction.
The patient has to lie still during the MRI CV Junction procedure.
Side-effects of MRI CV Junction
MRI CV Junctions does not use ionizing radiation.
- The loud noises inside the scanner can cause anxiety in some patients.
- Lying down still for long duration can cause discomfort.
- Some metal implants may malfunction during MRI CV Junction.
- There is risk of excessive sedation, if sedation is used during the procedure.
Preparations before Performing MRI CV Junction
MRI CV Junction is a quick and efficient procedure to diagnose disorders of the neck and CV Junction such as rickets, hyperparathyroidism, Paget disease of bone, infections, and tumours.
- Inform the doctor, if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Inform the Radiologist about any metal implants, allergies, and other health conditions.
- Inform the doctor, if you are claustrophobic or have anxiety issues.
- Discuss food and medication before MRI CV Junction with your doctor.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Remove all jewellery and metal items before entering the MRI room.
Post-care of MRI CV Junction
MRI CV Junction is a painless test. The post-care after the test includes
- Patients can go home after the test.
- Patients, who are given sedation are advised not to drive.
- Follow the instructions of the doctor about food and medicines after MRI CV Junction.
Mfine app helps you search for and consult the top Radiologists and Neurosurgeons in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult the Radiologists and Neurosurgeons online. Report any pain or discomfort to the doctor.