MRI Cervico-Dorsal Spine is a quick and efficient, diagnostic procedure to have a clear view of the neck and upper back area.
What is MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine?
MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine is an advanced imaging test used to diagnose disorders in the neck and the upper back region. It shows clear images of the internal structures of the cervical and dorsal spine. MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine aids in the diagnosis of the bone and soft tissue tumours, infection, herniated discs, injury and inflammation in cervical and dorsal spine. (1)
How is MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine Performed?
MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine is a non-invasive procedure.
- Patients have to lie down on the examination table in a supine position.
- Coils are placed around the head.
- The examination table slides inside the magnetic field of the MRI scanner.
- Multiple images of the cervico-dorsal spine are generated.
MRI Cervico-Dorsal Spine is often performed in multiple sequences and takes around 45 minutes.
Side-effects of MRI Cervico –Dorsal Spine
MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine does not use any type of radiation.
- Implants containing metal parts can malfunction during the procedure.
- Patients may feel a discomfort due to lying still during MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine.
Preparations before Performing MRI Cervico- Dorsal Spine
MRI Cervico- Dorsal Spine is a painless procedure and does not require much preparation.
- Inform the doctor, if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Inform the doctor, if you have any implants inside the body.
- Discuss food and medications before the MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine, with your doctor.
- Inform the doctor, if you are claustrophobic.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes without metal accessories.
- Remove jewellery and other metal items.
Post-care of MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine
MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine is a quick and efficient procedure.
- Patients can go home after the test.
- Patients who are sedated are kept under an observation for a few hours.
- Report any pain or discomfort after MRI Cervico – Dorsal Spine, to your doctor.
Mfine app helps you search for and consult the top Radiologists, Spine Specialists and Neurosurgeons in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult the Radiologists, Spine Specialists and Neurosurgeons online.