MRI Brain With MRA is a diagnostic imaging test performed to get a closer view of the internal structure of the brain and evaluate the blood vessels in the brain.
What is MRI Brain With MRA?
MRI Brain With MRA is an advanced scanning procedure that uses a powerful magnetic field, radio pulses, and computer software to create clear images of the soft tissues, blood vessels and other internal structures of the brain. MRI Brain With MRA helps diagnose blocks or clots in the blood vessels in the brain, inflammation, infection, and other disorders of the brain, and to identify blood vessels feeding a tumour. (1)
How is MRI Brain With MRA performed?
MRI Brain With MRA is a non-invasive procedure.
- Patients have to lie down on an MRI examination table with hands placed at the sides, and head placed on the headrest.
- Coils are placed around the head.
- An IV is inserted.
- The examination table slides inside the magnetic field of the MRI scanner.
- Initial images of the brain are generated.
- Gadolinium contrast is injected.
- Multiple sequences of the images are taken as the contrast passes through the brain.
A patient has to lie still during the MRI Brain with MRA procedure.
Side-effects of MRI Brain With MRA
MRI Brain with MRA is a relatively safe procedure.
- Contrast can cause allergies, and damage the kidneys.
- Metal implants may malfunction during the procedure.
- Bruising and pain at the IV site.
- Clots caused by the angiography procedure.
Preparations before MRI Brain With MRA
MRI Brain With MRA is a painless procedure that does not require much prior preparation.
- Inform the radiologist about any metal implants, allergies and other health issues.
- Avoid consuming caffeinated drinks before MRI Brain With MRA test.
- Discuss with your doctor about taking food and medicines before the test.
Post-care of MRI Brain With MRA
MRI Brain With MRA does not require much post-care.
- Do not drive, if you had sedation during MRI Brain With MRA.
- Consume plenty of fluids to flush out the contrast.
Mfine app helps you search for and consult the top Radiologists and Neurosurgeons in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult the Radiologists and Neurosurgeons online.