MRI Brain With CV Junction is done to get clear images of the Craniovertebral junction and the brain. CV junction is a transition zone between the cranium and spinal column. (1)
What is MRI Brain With CV Junction?
MRI Brain With CV Junction is a diagnostic imaging procedure that uses powerful magnets, radio pulses, and computer software to generate clear images of the brain, and the craniovertebral junction. It is useful in the diagnosis of cranial nerve disorders such as vertigo, facial paralysis, and hearing loss. It is also useful in detecting infection, inflammation, tumors in the brain and CV junction. (1)
How is MRI Brain With CV Junction Performed?
MRI Brain With CV Junction is a non-invasive procedure.
- Patient has to lie down on the movable MRI examination table, with arms at the sides.
- Head of the patient will be placed on the headrest.
- Some coils that generate radio pulses can be placed around the head.
- The table slides inside the magnetic field of the MRI machine.
- The scanner takes multiple images of the Brain and CV joint.
Patient has to lie still during the process as any movement will blur the images.
Side-effects of MRI Brain With CV Junction
MRI Brain With CV Junction does not have any side-effects. Some rare complications are
- Patients may feel anxious due the heavy noises inside the MRI scanner.
- Some metal implants can malfunction during the procedure.
Preparation before Performing MRI Brain With CV Junction
Patients have to pre-schedule the test and arrive at the test facility on time. Other preparations include
- Inform allergies, medical history and other health conditions to the doctor.
- Follow the guidelines given by your doctor about medications and food before the scan.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Remove jewelry and other metal items at home.
Post-care after MRI Brain With CV Junction
MRI Brain With CV Junction is a painless procedure that does not require much post-care.
- Patient can go home immediately after the procedure.
- Report any pain or discomfort after the
mfine app helps you to search for and consult top Radiologists and Neurosurgeons in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult <Radiologists and Neurosurgeons> online.