MRI Brain and Orbits With Contrast is a diagnostic procedure that uses strong magnetic fields, radio waves, and computer programs to produce clear images of the brain and orbits.
What is MRI Brain and Orbits With Contrast Scan?
MRI Brain and Orbits With Contrast is an imaging tool that provides exceptionally clear pictures of the internal structures of the brain and eye sockets. The test aids in the diagnosis of neuro-ophthalmic disorders, disorders of the optic nerve, tumors, and inflammation in the brain and eye socket.
How is MRI Brain and Orbits With Contrast Performed?
It is a non-invasive procedure that can be done on an outpatient basis.
- Patient has to lie on the examination table.
- An IV is inserted to inject the contrast.
- The table slides into the MRI scanner, which takes multiple images of the brain and orbits.
- The patient is injected with Gadolinium contrast.
- Another set of images are produced as the contrast passes through the body.
The test is conducted in multiple sequences. Patient has to lie still during the imaging process.
Side-effects of MRI Brain and Orbits With Contrast Test
MRI Brain and Orbits With Contrast is a safe procedure as it does not use ionizing radiation.
- Allergy to the contrast.
- Kidney damage caused by the contrast.
- Some metal implants may malfunction during the
Preparation before MRI Brain and Orbits With Contrast Test
It is a quick and effective test that does not need any special prior preparation.
- Inform the doctor about allergies, metal implants, pregnancy or any other health complications.
- Remove all jewelry and other metal items.
Post-care after MRI Brain and Orbits With Contrast
MRI Brain and Orbits With Contrast does not require much post-care.
- Consume lots of water to flush out the contrast.
- If you are a nursing mother, you may be asked not to breastfeed for 24 hours after the scan.
- Pay close attention to signs of allergy and report them to the doctor.
- The patient can resume normal routine immediately after the test.
mfine app helps you to search for and consult top Radiologists and Neurosurgeons in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult <Radiologists and Neurosurgeons> online.