MRI Both TM Joint is a powerful scan for screening and diagnosis of diseases. It uses Radio waves, powerful magnetic fields, and advanced computer programs to create clear images of the TM joint.
What is MRI Both TM Joint Test?
MRI Both TM Joint produces clear images of the temporomandibular joint, which help to evaluate the complex joint space. The temporomandibular joint connects the jaw to the skull. This MRI helps in the diagnosis of disorders of TMJ, which cause pain, discomfort, and joint dysfunction. (1)
How is MRI Both TM Joint Test Performed?
It is a non-invasive procedure. The process involves
- Patient has to lie down on the MRI examination table.
- Patients who suffer from claustrophobia given mild sedatives.
- A sensor will be placed around the Neck.
- The examination table slides into the MRI Magnetic field.
- The scanner takes multiple images of the TM Joint.
The te65st is generally performed in multiple sequences. The imaging process takes about 45 minutes to an hour.
Side-effects of MRI Both TM Joint Test
The test does not use x-rays or radiation. It is a relatively safe test. Some rare side-effects include
- Patients may feel anxious during the procedure because of the noises generated by the MRI scanner.
- Some implants which have metal parts may malfunction during the MRI.
Preparation before Performing MRI Both TM Joint Test
It is a painless procedure, which does not require hospitalization. The preparation before the test includes
- Inform the Radiologist, if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Inform the doctor about medical history, allergies, and other health concerns.
- Inform the Radiologist if you have metal implants.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Remove jewelry and other metal items before going for the
Post-care after MRI Both TM Joint test
The test is a safe and simple procedure, which does not require any post-care.
- The patient can immediately go home after the
- Inform any discomfort after the test to the doctor.
- Patients who are given sedation are kept under observation for some time after the test.
mfine app helps you to search for and consult top Radiologists and Orthopaedics in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult <Radiologists and Orthopaedics > online.