MRI Both Shoulder Joint scan produces detailed images of the inner structures of the shoulder joint.
What is MRI Both Shoulder Joint?
MRI Both Shoulder Joint is a non-invasive diagnostic imaging procedure for examining the shoulder joints. MRI Both Shoulder Joint helps in the diagnosis of arthritis and other degenerative joint disorders, fractures, injuries, tears in ligaments and tendons, infections, tumors and inflammation of the shoulder joint.
How is MRI Both Shoulder Joint Performed?
MRI Both Shoulder Joint is a painless procedure.
- Patient has to lie down on an examination table.
- If the patient has claustrophobia or cannot lie still during MRI Both Shoulder Joint, mild sedatives are administered.
- The table slides into the magnetic field of the MRI scanner.
- The scanner generates multiple images of the shoulder joints.
MRI Both Shoulder Joint is often performed in multiple sequences. The entire imaging process takes around 45 to 60 minutes.
Side-effects of MRI Both Shoulder Joint
MRI Both Shoulder Joint does not use radiation. It is a safe procedure.
- Risk of excessive sedation.
- Some medical implants may malfunction during the MRI Both Shoulder Joint Scan.
- Patients may feel anxious due to the loud sounds.
Preparation before Performing MRI Both Shoulder Joint
MRI Both shoulder Joint is a quick and effective imaging procedure. It does not require hospitalization. Prior preparation before the scan includes
- Inform allergies, chronic diseases, and other health issues to the doctor.
- Inform the doctor, if you are nursing or pregnant.
- Notify the Radiologist, if you have any medical implants containing metal.
- Wear comfortable clothes that do not have metal accessories.
- Remove jewelry and other metal items before the test.
- Follow the instructions of the doctor about medications and food before MRI Both Shoulder Joint scan.
Post-care after MRI Both Shoulder Joint
MRI Both Shoulder Joint is a simple procedure.
- Patients can go home and start a normal routine after the test.
- Patients who are given sedation, are kept under observation for some time after the procedure.
- Follow doctor’s advice on taking medications after MRI Both Shoulder Joint.
mfine app helps you to search for and consult top Radiologists and Orthopaedics in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult <Radiologists and Orthopaedics > online.