MRI Both Ankle Joints is an advanced diagnostic imaging scan that is done using a powerful magnetic field, radio waves and computer programs. MRI Both Ankle Joints helps the podiatrist to have a close view of the inner structure of the ankle.
What is MRI Both Ankle Joints?
MRI Both Ankle Joints is a safe and non-invasive scan of the ankle joints. MRI Both Ankle Joints aids in the diagnosis of tendon injuries, ligament injuries, fractures in the ankle, soft tissue, bone tumors, infection or inflammation in the ankle, and arthritis.
How is MRI Both Ankle Joints Performed?
MRI Both Ankle Joints shows the images of soft tissues and bones of the ankle and foot in a cross-sectional model. The process involves
- Patient has to lie on an MRI examination table.
- Only the leg portion of the patient will be placed inside the magnet of the MRI scanner.
- The scanner produces clear images of the ankles.
MRI Both Ankle Joints is an out-patient procedure. The entire usually takes approximately 90 minutes.
Side-effects of MRI Both Ankle Joints
MRI Both Ankle Joints is a painless procedure and does not have any side-effects. Some rare complications
- Patients may feel anxious during the MRI.
- Discomfort due to lying still during MRI Both Ankle Joints.
- Some metal implants malfunction during the MRI.
- Risk of excessive sedation, if it is used during MRI Both Ankle joints.
Preparation before Performing MRI Both Ankle Joints
There is no special preparation for MRI Both Ankle Joints.
- Unless the procedure is done with contrast, patients can eat and drink as usual.
- Inform the doctor about your medical history.
- Notify the doctor, if you are pregnant.
- Wear comfortable clothes which do not have metal belts, buttons or zips.
- Remove jewelry and metal items before entering the MRI area.
Post-care after MRI Both Ankle Joints
MRI Both Ankle Joints is a simple procedure that does not require much post-care.
- The patient is kept under observation if sedation is given during the procedure.
- If sedation is not given, the patient can go home and resume a normal routine.
mfine app helps you to search for and consult top Radiologists and Podiatrists in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult <Radiologists and Podiatrists > online.