MRI Angio Right Lower Limb uses a powerful magnetic field to evaluate the blood vessels in the right leg.
What is MRI Angio Right Lower Limb?
MRI Angio Right Lower Limb is an imaging procedure that uses radio frequency waves, powerful magnetic field and advanced computer programs to produce clear images of the blood vessels. MRI Angio Right Lower Limb is done to diagnose disorders related to the blood vessels, identify blocks in the blood vessels and to detect tumors.
How is MRI Angio Right Lower Limb Performed?
MRI Angio Right Lower Limb is a non-invasive procedure.
- Patient has to lie down on an examination table.
- If the MRI Angio Right Lower Limb is to be done with contrast, an IV is inserted.
- The examination table will be placed inside the magnet of the MRI scanner.
- An initial set of MRI images are produced.
- If the test needs contrast, a contrast solution is injected through the IV.
- Additional images are taken after injecting the contrast.
MRI Angio Right Lower Limb is performed in multiple sequences, which usually take around 60 minutes. (1)
Side-effects of MRI Angio Right Lower Limb
MRI Angio Right Lower Limb is a comparatively safe procedure.
- Implanted medical devices that contain metal may malfunction during an MRI.
- The gadolinium-based contrast material used for MRI Angio Right Lower Limb can cause kidney problems and allergies.
Preparation before Performing MRI Angio Right Lower Limb
MRI Angio Right Lower Limb is a pre-scheduled procedure.
- Inform the doctor about allergies, health problems, and medical history.
- Inform the Radiologist, if you are pregnant or nursing
- Inform the doctor, if you have metal implants in your body.
Post-care after MRI Angio Right Lower Limb
MRI Angio Right Lower Limb is a simple procedure that does not require much post care.
- If you are breastfeeding, follow the instructions of the doctor about refraining from feeding the baby for 24 hours after the contrast.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out the contrast used during MRI Angio Right Lower Limb.
mfine app helps you to search for and consult top Radiologists in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult Radiologists online.