Left Foot AP View is an X-ray of the left foot. It is a diagnostic imaging tool that provides clear images of the left foot.
What is Left Foot AP View?
Left foot AP View is a non-invasive X-ray procedure. It provides clear and accurate images of the left foot which aid orthopaedics to locate and treat fractures and injuries of the left foot. Left Foot AP View is advised to find out the reasons for sharp pain and inflammation in the left foot, inability to put weight on the left foot, inability to walk, and joint pain in the left foot. (1)
How is Left Foot AP View Performed?
Left Foot AP View is a quick and simple procedure:
- The patient has to change into a hospital gown and lie down on the examination bed.
- The lab technician taking the X-ray of Left Foot AP View will reposition the foot to take clear images from various angles.
X-ray of Left Foot AP View is a painless procedure.
Side-effects of Left Foot AP View
Left Foot AP View is a safe procedure. Some side-effects include:
- Discomfort in keeping the foot still during the Left Foot AP View X-
- Exposure to X-ray radiation which can cause cancer, and which is harmful to pregnant women.
Preparation before Performing Left Foot AP View
Left Foot AP View Test does not require much prior preparation.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant.
- Remove all jewellery and metal objects before entering the X-ray room.
Post-care after Left Foot AP View Test
Left Foot AP View Test does not require any post-care routine.
- Take pain relief medicine as advised by the doctor if the pain becomes intolerable after the test.
- Patients can go home and resume regular activity after Left Foot AP View test.
The mfine app is the best source to search and consult top orthopaedics and podiatrists in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult orthopaedics and podiatrists online.