Lead, Urine is a condition when the amount of lead in urine surpasses the acceptable limits of Lead and results in serious disorders such as Lead poisoning.
What is Lead, Urine?
Lead, Urine is a test which examines the levels of Lead in the urine sample of the patient.
- The test is important to know if the patient is at high risk for diseases caused by extreme exposure to Lead.
- Urinary sample of the patient which shows an escalated value of more than 125 mcg is believed to be suffering from Lead poisoning.
Lead, Urine is essential in testing of Lead poisoning in kids and young adults as well.
Why is Lead, Urine suggested?
Lead, Urine is suggested for the following:
When a person has spent long working hours at places of high exposure to Lead.
If the person exhibits following symptoms:
How is Lead, Urine performed?
Lead, Urine is performed as follows:
- The patient can submit the urine sample in the pathology center.
- A 24-hour urine sample is taken from the patient.
- The patient needs to collect the urine for the entire day till the next morning.
This sample is then sent to labs for Lead amount Lead, Urine test.
What are the parameters measured in Lead, Urine?
Parameters measured in Lead, Urine are:
Preparation before performing Lead, Urine
- No special preparation is needed for Lead, Urine test except letting the doctor know of any supplements which may affect the results of the test.
Post-care after Lead, Urine
Post-care for Lead, Urine is:
- Thorough discussion with the doctor to take measures to control and remove Lead from the system.
Sample types in Lead, Urine
Sample types in Lead, Urine:
Side effects/risks of Lead, Urine
There are no Side effects of Lead, Urine.