When a condition which depicts a rise in the amount of Lead in the body. Lead, Blood Test is done to examine the quantity of the lead.
What is Lead, Blood Test?
Lead, Blood Test detects if there is a raised level of lead in the blood or the system of the patient.
- The Lead, Blood test can detect lead in an adult or a child who may be working closely with lead.
Lead contamination is observed in kids or people working in enclosures or work settings with high concentration of Lead.
Why is Lead, Blood Test suggested?
Lead, Blood Test is suggested for the following:
Certain symptoms as stated in the following may lead to a Lead blood test:
- Hearing loss.
- Abdominal pain.
- Weight loss.
- Developmental delays in kids.
- Mood changes.
- Loss of appetite.
How is Lead, Blood Test performed?
Lead, Blood Test is performed as follows:
- The patient’s arm is outstrectched and with an elastic band around it, veins are made to well up with blood.
- Once the veins are highlighted, a needle is inserted to draw blood in the stipulated quantity.
The sample is then sent to the lab for testing the quantity of lead in blood.
What are the parameters measured in Lead, Blood Test?
Parameters measured in Lead, Blood Test are:
- Level of the Lead in blood.
Preparation before performing Lead, Blood Test
Preparation for Lead, Blood Test is as follows:
- No specific preparation required except for letting the doctor know about any allergies or side effects of any medications or supplements.
Post-care after Lead, Blood Test
Post-care for Lead, Blood Test is:
- If the lead levels are depicted as high in the result of the test, care muct be taken to remove the lead from the system based on the suggestions from the health practitioner.
Sample types in Lead, Blood Test
Sample type in Lead, Blood Test is
Side effects/risks of Lead, Blood Test
Side effects of Lead, Blood Test are:
- Discomfort and soreness due to pricking.