Hemoglobin is a type of protein which is found in your body’s red blood cells.
The function of Hemoglobin is to carry oxygen to your body organs and take back carbon dioxide to your lungs.
Very low Hemoglobin in your body can cause an illness called anemia and very high Hemoglobin causes polycythemia.
WHAT IS HEMOGLOBIN TEST?
A Hemoglobin test is essential to check the level of this protein in red cells of your blood.
Low Hemoglobin level can be because of vitamin deficiency or any chronic disease.
High Hemoglobin level can be because of blood disorder, smoking, dehydration or living at a high altitude.
WHY IS HEMOGLOBIN TEST SUGGESTED?
Hemoglobin test is suggested to:
- Check your overall health
- Identify cause of abnormal conditions like weakness, fatigue or dizziness
- Check for anemia or polycythemia
HOW IS HEMOGLOBIN TEST PERFORMED?
A simple blood test, in Hemoglobin test:
- Needle is inserted in your arm
- Blood is drawn from the vein.
WHAT ARE THE PARAMETERS MEASURED IN HEMOGLOBIN TEST
Hemoglobin test checks the level of presence of Hemoglobin in red blood cells of your body.
PREPARATION BEFORE HEMOGLOBIN TEST
You don’t need any preparation for Hemoglobin test.
- You can simply go and give your blood sample.
POST CARE AFTER HEMOGLOBIN TEST
After Hemoglobin test:
- You don’t need any care
- You can just walk off to your work.
SAMPLE TYPES IN HEMOGLOBIN TEST
The only sample for Hemoglobin test you need is:
- A sample of your blood drawn from your arm.
SIDE EFFECTS/RISKS OF HEMOGLOBIN TEST
Hemoglobin test is a simple blood test.
- No side effect or risk of Hemoglobin test
- You may feel a little pain during drawing of blood.