Hemoglobin A2 enables the production of a protein called alpha globin, which itself is a part of Hemoglobin.
If Hemoglobin A2 does not produce alpha globin, it causes a blood disorder called alpha thalassemia.
The absence of Hemoglobin A2 in the blood results in the reduction of production of Hemoglobin.
WHAT IS HEMOGLOBIN A2 TEST?
Hemoglobin A2 test identifies any hemoglobin disorder in your blood.
Hemoglobin A2 test can also be used to check certain genetic deficiencies of Hemoglobin.
Hemoglobin A2 test diagnoses whether a person is suffering from thalassemia or not.
WHY IS HEMOGLOBIN A2 TEST SUGGESTED?
Hemoglobin A2 test is done in case of:
- Pale skin
- Weakness etc.
HOW IS HEMOGLOBIN A2 TEST PERFORMED?
Hemoglobin A2 test is done by:
- Drawing a blood sample from you
- Sending the sample for checking in the lab.
In Hemoglobin A2 test helps lab also checks if there is any genetic mutation of Hemoglobin.
WHAT ARE THE PARAMETERS MEASURED IN HEMOGLOBIN A2 TEST
Hemoglobin A2 test diagnoses if you have any Hemoglobin disorder.
PREPARATION BEFORE HEMOGLOBIN A2 TEST
No specific preparation is needed for Hemoglobin A2 test.
- You simply have to go to the lab to give your blood sample.
POST CARE AFTER HEMOGLOBIN A2 TEST
For Hemoglobin A2 test, you:
- Don’t need any special aftercare
- Can start your normal work within minutes
SAMPLE TYPES IN HEMOGLOBIN A2 TEST
For Hemoglobin A2 test:
- Only a sample of your blood is needed.
As Hemoglobin A2 test detects thalassemia, it is strongly recommended that if you have any of the above symptoms, schedule a Hemoglobin A2 test through mfine app. Immediately.
SIDE EFFECTS/RISKS OF HEMOGLOBIN A2 TEST
Hemoglobin A2 test:
- Does not have any side effect or risk
- There may be slight pain during blood drawing
- Or slight bruising of the spot from where blood is drawn.