Helicobacter Pylori IgA test is conducted to check the availability of IgA antibodies against the infection related to bacteria know Helicobacter Pylori which causes damage to the stomach.
What is Helicobacter Pylori IgA?
Helicobacter Pylori IgA test means Helicobacter Pylori Immunoglobulin A test which is used to determine IgA which develop in response of infection in the human serum for the diagnosis of most of stomach disease. It acts upon the luminal side of stomach mucosa.
Why is Helicobacter Pylori IgA?
Helicobacter Pylori IgA test is conducted if a develops
- Gastrointestinal problems or Gastroduodenal problems
- Pain in the abdomen
- Stomach ulcers
- Chronic gastritis
- Unintentional weight loss
How is Helicobacter Pylori IgA performed?
The procedure for test of Helicobacter Pylori IgA is done mostly by ELISA method which includes
- Invasive methods include collecting of the blood or plasma sample, Polymerase Chain Reaction, stomach lining biopsy and urease rapid test.
- Stool or breath tests are types of non invasive methods.
What parameters are measured in Helicobacter Pylori IgA?
The parameter measured in the Helicobacter Pylori IgA test are
- The number of IgA antibodies in the blood serum and presence or absence of helicobacter pylori.
Preparations before Helicobacter Pylori IgA
The preparations of patients must be
- Avoiding medications which can make a false-negative test result.
- You may need to take test with empty stomach
Post care after Helicobacter Pylori IgA
The post care after the test requires
- Drinking plenty of water and taking rest
- Use of antibiotics, further treatments and check up if positive results occur.
Sample types in Helicobacter Pylori IgA
For this test one must have samples of
- Blood or plasma or stomach lining biopsy
- Breath test or stool test
Side effects/risks of Helicobacter Pylori IgA
There are no major side effects of the test if performed by non-invasive methods, but incase of invasive method
- Collecting blood sample or plasma sample or the tissue biopsy is painful.
- One can feel uncomfortable and lightheaded.