Hb D Punjab test is performed to check for hemoglobin D Punjab (an uncommon structural hemoglobin variant) in the patient’s bloodstream.
What is Hb D Punjab?
Hb D Punjab is a blood test which helps in diagnosing and evaluating the presence of hemoglobin D Punjab in patient’s bloodstreams. The test is named so because the variation was initially observed in Punjab.
Why is Hb D Punjab Suggested?
Hb D Punjab is generally suggested when the patient is showing the following symptoms
- Pain crises
- Leg ulcers
How is Hb D Punjab performed?
Hb D Punjab test is a quite simple test.
- The arm of the patient is cleaned with a germ-killing solution.
- 5 ml blood is drawn.
- Sample is then sent to lab for further testing.
- Patient will receive the test results after a period of time.
What are parameters measured in Hb D Punjab
Hb D Punjab test measures.
Preparation before Hb D Punjab
Hb D Punjab is a safe procedure. No special preparation required for the test. Patients have to schedule the test beforehand.
- Inform your doctor if you are on any medication or have any underlying medical condition.
- Try and tell the doctor all the symptoms.
Post-care after Hb D Punjab
Hb D Punjab test doesn’t require any post care.
- The patient is free to go home after they have given the sample for Hb D Punjab.
- You may rest for some time.
Sample types in Hb D Punjab
Side-effects of Hb D Punjab
Hb D Punjab test is a safe procedure. Some common risks are
- For people who are scared of injections, this can be a painful process.
- Risk of infection (from where the skin is broken).
- Fainting or feeling lightheaded.
- Accumulation of blood under the skin.