Growth Hormone test is performed to check for excess or deficiency of Growth Hormone in the patient’s bloodstream.
What is Growth Hormone?
Growth Hormone is a blood test which helps in determines if the patient has an excess of Growth Hormone or is deficit.
Why is Growth Hormone Suggested?
Growth Hormone is generally suggested when
- Slow growth.
- Delayed development.
- During sports events.
How is Growth Hormone performed?
Growth Hormone is a quite simple test.
- The arm of the patient is cleaned with a germ-killing solution.
- 5ml blood is drawn.
- Sample is then sent to lab for further testing.
- Patient will receive the test results after a period of time.
What are parameters measured in Growth Hormone
Growth Hormone test measures the levels of Growth Hormone in the bloodstream.
Preparation before Growth Hormone
Growth Hormone is a safe procedure.No special preparation required for the test. Patients have to schedule the test beforehand.
- Inform your doctor if you are on any medication or have any underlying medical condition.
- Try and tell the doctor all the symptoms.
Post-care after Growth Hormone
Growth Hormone doesn’t require any post care.
- The patient is free to go home after they have given the sample for Growth Hormone.
- You may rest for some time.
Sample types in Growth Hormone
- Several blood samples at different time intervals.
Side-effects of Growth Hormone
Growth Hormone test is a safe procedure. Some common risks are
- For people who are scared of injections, this can be a painful process.
- Risk of infection (from where the skin is broken).
- Fainting or feeling lightheaded.
- Accumulation of blood under the skin.