Gastrin is a hormone which is produced in the stomach.
The main function of Gastrin is to regulate the production of acid in the stomach.
Gastrin also kills any bacteria that may enter your body with a meal.
WHAT IS GASTRIN TEST?
To check if the body is producing an excessive amount of Gastrin, this test is performed.
Gastrin test is also done after a Gastrin producing tumor is removed.
High level of Gastrin in the body means a high level of acid, which leads to additional problems.
WHY IS GASTRIN TEST SUGGESTED?
A Gastrin test is suggested if you have:
- Abdominal pain.
- Peptic ulcer.
- Or a Gastrin tumor has been removed
HOW IS GASTRIN TEST PERFORMED?
Gastrin level is checked through blood.
- The needle is inserted in the vein of the arm
- Blood is taken out.
It takes minutes to draw blood for Gastrin test.
WHAT ARE THE PARAMETERS MEASURED IN GASTRIN TEST
A gastrin test measures the level of Gastrin enzyme present in your blood.
PREPARATION BEFORE GASTRIN TEST
There is some preparation needed before Gastrin test:
- You have to be on fast for up to 12 hours before the test.
- The doctor may advise you to stop using certain medicines a few days before the test.
POST CARE AFTER GASTRIN TEST
After Gastrin test:
- You don’t require any special care.
- It does not affect your routine.
SAMPLE TYPES IN GASTRIN TEST
For Gastrin test you need:
- A blood sample from your vein.
It is important to look for the signs cited above and ask for Gastrin test. You can easily schedule a Gastrin test through the mfine app.
SIDE EFFECTS/RISKS OF GASTRIN TEST
Gastrin test is a simple blood test.
- It does not have any side effects or risks.
- Normal working may be resumed immediately after the test.