When glucose combines with proteins, a compound called Fructosamine is formed.
Fructosamine test helps in monitoring your blood sugar level over a period of time, particularly if you are diabetic.
If you have made changes to your diabetes control routine, Fructosamine test will also determine it’s effectiveness.
WHAT IS FRUCTOSAMINE?
Fructosamine is a blood test carried out to check the blood sugar level of a patient.
Fructosamine comes handy if monitoring blood sugar through hemoglobin A1c test becomes difficult.
Fructosamine test is done for short term monitoring of blood glucose.
WHY IS FRUCTOSAMINE TEST SUGGESTED?
Fructosamine test is suggested in the following cases:
- It is not possible to check blood sugar through the hemoglobinA1c test.
- Short term monitoring of blood sugar is required.
HOW IS FRUCTOSAMINE TEST PERFORMED?
Fructosamine test is done by:
- Drawing blood from the vein of the arm or the finger
- The sample goes to the lab
- Level of blood glucose is checked.
- Fructosamine test may check changes in blood sugar level over 2-3 weeks period.
WHAT ARE THE PARAMETERS MEASURED IN FRUCTOSAMINE?
Fructosamine measures the average level of glucose in your blood over a period of 2-3 weeks.
PREPARATION BEFORE FRUCTOSAMINE TEST
No preparation is required before Fructosamine test.
- You just go and give your blood sample
- Fasting is not required.
POST CARE AFTER FRUCTOSAMINE TEST
After Fructosamine test:
- You can straightaway start working.
- No special care is needed.
SAMPLE TYPES IN FRUCTOSAMINE TEST
Fructosamine test needs only:
- A blood sample from the arm vein or fingertip.
Fructosamine test measures your average blood glucose level over 2-3 weeks period, which helps in making suitable changes in your diabetes control plan. So schedule a Fructosamine test immediately through the mfine app.
SIDE EFFECTS/RISKS OF FRUCTOSAMINE TEST
Fructosamine test does not have any side effects or risks.
You may have:
- Little pain when blood is drawn.
- Slight bruising may appear from where blood is drawn.