Pemphigus is the description of fatal autoimmune, blistering diseases characterised by intraepithelial lesions. It is a severe kind of skin disease. In the case of patients having pemphigus, Antibodies to Desmoglein 1 (DSG1) are present.
What is DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY?
Pemphigus foliaceus, a superficial form of pemphigus found in patients, will produce antibodies to DSG1. Deficiency of the Desmoglein-1 protein has been found to be associated with increased expression for multiple genes encoding allergy related cytokines. Clinical studies have shown that DSG1 results indicate the presence or absence of pemphigus.
Why is DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY suggested?
DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY symptoms can vary depending on the levels. Symptoms are as below:
How is DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY performed
DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY tests may include:
- About 1 ml or just two teaspoons of the blood sample will be drawn from your body.
- This test needs to be conducted in a well-equipped diagnostic lab with Desmoglein-Antibodies-1 test facility.
- The skin is cleaned with an alcohol pad.
- The needle is inserted into the body through the vein.
- The blood sample will be collected to the needle which contains the serum gel.
What are the parameters measured in DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY?
DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY test can be conducted via the following methods:
- Desmoglein I Antibody test is done via a blood test or tissue sample test.
Preparation before performing DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY
The preparation for the DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY test includes:
- Discuss medical history and allergies with the doctor.
- Do not wear full sleeves, jacket or sweater.
- Fasting overnight.
Post-care after DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY
You should take care of below steps for DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY:
Sample types in DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY
Few samples are for DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY as follows:
Side effects/risks of DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY
DESMOGLEIN I ANTIBODY blood test side effects are:
- You may feel a small skin prick uneasy and have a little bruising where the needle goes in.