Culture Urine is a type of test conducted to detect Urinary Tract Infection and the type of bacteria causing it.
What is Culture Urine?
Culture Urine is a test conducted to determine Urinary Tract Infection along with the bacteria responsible for the infection. The medications are provided depending on the type of bacteria since certain bacteria are resistant to certain medications.
Why is Culture Urine suggested?
Culture Urine is suggested when a patient is presented with the following symptoms:
- Sudden infection.
- Pain while passing urine.
- Foul smelling urine.
- Stomach pain.
- Itchiness in the genital area.
How is Culture Urine test performed?
The Culture Urine Test is performed by the following steps:
- The urine samples are collected from the patient for further analysis.
- For a perfect analysis, the first-morning urine of a patient is used for testing which might take nearly 1 to 2 days for providing a proper result.
What are the parameters measured in Culture Urine?
The parameters measured in Culture Urine are as follows:
- Histopathological parameters.
- Smear test.
Preparation before performing Culture Urine
Before the Culture Urine test is performed, patients should follow the following steps:
- Inform doctors about their medical history and currently consumed medication.
- Certain medications, along with smoking and drinking, can affect the result of the test. So, patients should avoid consuming other medicines along with smoking and drinking.
- Intake of antibiotics should be avoided before testing urine.
Post-care after Culture Urine
Post-care after Culture Urine testing involves advanced tests to confirm the disease before the confirmation of treatment. The patient can leave immediately after the test is done. It is a simple non-invasive procedure.
Sample types in Culture Urine
The sample types in Culture Urine include urine samples.
Side effects of Culture Urine test
Culture Urine tests do not have any side effects. It is completely safe.