CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast is an imaging test performed using a special dye. The special dye is known as a contrast and makes it easier to view the soft tissues.
What is CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast?
CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast is a computed tomography scan of the dorsal and lumbar spine. It is used to diagnose disorders of the spine and helps in the identification and treatment of certain tumours and cancers, herniated discs, birth defects of the spine, infection or inflammation of the spine and osteoarthritis.
How is CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast Performed?
The procedure of CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast is risk-free and straightforward. The process involves:
- Injecting a contrast material intravenously to the patient.
- The patient has to lie down on the CT examination bed.
- Straps and pillows are used to help the patient to stay in position throughout the scan.
- The bed slides into the scanning machine and takes multiple images of the body.
The entire process of CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With contrast can be completed within an hour. The patient can go home after the scan.
Side-effects of CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast
The CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast poses minimal risks. However, a few side-effects may include:
- Allergies in some patients.
- The contrast may damage kidneys.
- Harmful effects of radiation on pregnant women and young children.
Preparation for CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast
Preparation for CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast includes:
- Discussing allergies, health issues and medical history with the doctor.
- Following the advice of the doctor about discontinuing certain medication before a CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast.
- Fasting 4 to 6 hours before the
- Not consuming any liquid 1 hour before the scan.
Post-care for CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast
Post-care routine for CT Dorso-Lumbar Spine With Contrast includes:
- Taking plenty of fluids to flush out the contrast from the body.
- Watching closely for any symptoms of allergy to the contrast.
- Following the instructions of the doctor about what medication to follow after the test.
Use the mfine app to consult top rated neurologists, spine specialists and radiologists in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult neurologists, spine specialists, and radiologists online.