Renal arteries supply oxygenated blood to the kidneys. A CT Angio – Renal Arteries helps to study and evaluate them.
What is a CT Angio – Renal Arteries?
A CT Angio – Renal Arteries gives a clear and closer view of the renal arteries and their blood flow.
- Helps detect narrowing and bulging of blood vessels, malformations in the arteries and veins, blood clots, and blockages.
- A CT Angio – Renal Arteries helps diagnose tumors, hemorrhage and complications post a kidney transplant.
- Helps detect high blood pressure in the renal arteries.
A CT Angio – Renal Arteries is done in patients with severe kidney disorders.
How is a CT Angio – Renal Arteries performed?
A CT Angio – Renal Arteries is performed as an inpatient or an outpatient procedure.
- Sedation before the procedure.
- You will be connected to an EKG monitor throughout the test.
- The groin area is shaved, anesthetized and a catheter inserted into an artery in the groin.
- Several images are taken with the machine during the CT Angio – Renal Arteries
After the CT Angio – Renal Arteries, the catheter is removed from the artery, and the bleeding is controlled.
Side effects/risks of CT Angio – Renal Arteries
There can be a few risks involved with a CT Angio – Renal Arteries:
● Excessive bleeding from the puncture site.
● Injury to nerves.
● Blood clot.
● Risk of radiation exposure.
Preparation before performing a CT Angio – Renal Arteries
For a CT Angio – Renal Arteries:
- Fast for at least 8 hrs before the test.
- Stop all medications.
- Wear a loose gown.
- Remove metallic objects.
- Empty bladder before the test.
Post-care after CT Angio – Renal Arteries
After a CT Angio – Renal Arteries is done:
- You will be shifted into a recovery room.
- You will be asked to lie flat on the bed for many hours with the leg where the injection was given needs to be kept straight for 12hrs.
- Drink plenty of fluids to flush out the dye used during CT Angio – Renal Arteries.
mfine helps you find the top radiologists near in your, right in your city for a CT Angio – Renal Arteries.
Download the mfine app and consult with the best radiologists online.