Chlamydia trachomatis is a sexually transmitted bacteria that causes chlamydia. Chlamydia trachomatis IgM is a blood test to detect IgM antibodies against Chlamydia.
What is Chlamydia Trachomatis IgM Test?
Chlamydia trachomatis IgM test is often done in combination with Chlamydia trachomatis IgG to detect the presence of antibodies for Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia trachomatis IgM test helps in the screening, diagnosis, and treatment of Chlamydia. (1)
Why is Chlamydia Trachomatis IgM Test Suggested?
Health organizations recommend regular Chlamydia trachomatis IgM test for sexually active women with risk factors and homosexual men. (1)
- Bleeding between menstrual periods.
- Painful intercourse.
- Painful urination.
- Milky discharge from the penis.
- Pain and swelling of testicles.
How is Chlamydia Trachomatis IgM Test Performed?
Chlamydia trachomatis IgM test can be performed using a blood sample, urine sample or swab from the genitals.
- A sample is collected from the patient.
- The IgM antibodies are detected in the sample.
The results of the Chlamydia trachomatis IgM test are given as positive or negative.
What are the Parameters Measured in Chlamydia Trachomatis IgM Test?
Chlamydia trachomatis IgM Test detects the presence of IgM antibodies for Chlamydia trachomatis.
Preparation before Performing Chlamydia Trachomatis IgM Test
Patients have to pre-schedule the Chlamydia trachomatis IgM test and visit a lab for the test.
- Women should not use creams and other chemicals to douche the vagina before the test.
- Give first catch urine sample.
Post-care after Chlamydia Trachomatis IgM Test
There is no specific post-care after Chlamydia trachomatis IgM Test.
- Rest for some time, if you feel weak.
Sample Types in Chlamydia Trachomatis IgM Test
Chlamydia trachomatis IgM test can be done using 3 samples
- Vaginal Secretions.
Side-effects of Chlamydia Trachomatis IgM Test
There are no serious complications in giving samples for Chlamydia trachomatis IgM Test.
- Feeling of discomfort, when a vaginal or anal swab is collected.