A CECT Scan PNS-coronal is a type of Contrast-Enhanced CT used to study the peripheral nervous system in the coronal plane.
What is CECT Scan PNS-Coronal?
A CECT Scan PNS-coronal is used to visualize and detect any abnormalities or diseases in the peripheral nervous system, especially the sinuses.
- The PNS connects the central nervous system to the limbs and other tissues and organs.
- It is prone to toxification, injuries, and inflammations.
- A CECT Scan of PNS helps to detect any vascular tumors, inflammatory conditions, blood vessel, and nerve abnormalities.
- A CECT Scan PNS-Coronal is mainly useful to study the sinuses in the head.
To detect chronic sinusitis, CECT Scan PNS- Coronal is very helpful.
How is CECT Scan PNS-Coronal performed?
It takes 30-45 minutes to perform a CECT Scan PNS-Coronal.
- Remove all metallic objects such as jewelry.
- An IV injection of contrast dye might give you a metallic taste.
- You will be asked to lie on a table that will be moved into a doughnut-shaped scanner.
The head needs to be scanned in this case; the CECT Scan PNS-Coronal process might be a bit uncomfortable for a few people.
Side effects/risks of CECT Scan PNS-Coronal
The CECT Scan PNS-Coronal involves injecting a dye into the veins for contrast scanned images.
- Allergic reaction to the dye.
- Exposure to radiations.
- Some people might find it claustrophobic inside the scan machine.
- Impaired renal function.
Preparation before performing CECT Scan PNS-Coronal
A CECT Scan PNS-Coronal begins with proper history taking.
- You will be asked to change into a hospital gown and lie on a table.
- Since the test involves injecting a contrast dye, you will be advised not to eat anything for 6 hours prior to the test.
- In case you are diabetic and take insulin, inform your doctor and technician.
- All metallic objects must be removed prior to the test.
Post-care after CECT Scan PNS-Coronal
The CECT Scan PNS-Coronal takes a relatively long time to perform and can be strenuous for some.
- Drink lots of water to flush out the dye.
- You can eat food to restore your energy levels.
Find the best neurologists in your city and locate them on mfine. Download the mfine app and consult radiologists and neurologists online.