Do you need to undergo a CECT Left Hip Joint? This article will tell you everything you need to know.
What is CECT Left Hip Joint?
CECT Left Hip Joint is a diagnostic procedure in which rotating X-Ray beams take cross-sectional images of the left hip region to identify any disorders.
CECT stands for Contrast-Enhanced Computed Tomography. In CECT Left Hip Joint, a contrast material is injected into the left hip joint and X-Rays move about a fixed axis of rotation to capture cross-sectional images. Subsequently, digital geometry processing is used to create a 3D image of the joint area, which can be used to identify any fractures, infections, inflammations, dislocations, tumors or other disorders . It is a highly accurate and minimally invasive test and hence a preferred method of diagnosis.
How is CECT Left Hip Joint Performed?
CECT Left Hip Joint is performed in a designating CT scanning room.
- The patient wears a hospital gown and lies on the examination table.
- The contrast material is injected and the table enters the CT scanner.
- Rotating X-Rays capture images of the flow of the material through the left hip joint area.
- The images are converted into a 3D visualization that can be viewed on a computer.
Side effects/risks of CECT Left Hip Joint
While CECT Left Hip Joint is a highly safe procedure, possible side effects include
- Adverse reaction to the contrast chemical including nausea, vomiting or hives.
- Slight risk of cancer from radiation exposure.
Preparations before performing CECT Left Hip Joint
The following preparations will help ensure that CECT Left Hip Joint goes smoothly.
- Pregnant women should inform their physicians so that radiation levels can be reduced.
- Blood and creatinine tests can help identify any allergies to the contrast material .
- Jewelry and other metallic items must be removed.
Post-care after CECT Left Hip Joint
No special post-care is needed after CECT Left Hip Joint. The radiologist will share the test results within a few days.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologists online.