CECT KUB is a method of scanning the urinary system in case a patient complains of any abdominal pains.
The CECT KUB diagnosis occurs in a radiology department by a technician. Following are the steps in the procedure:
- Place the patient in the desired position.
- Apply lead covering to parts not undergoing the test.
- Direct the X-ray towards the patient.
- Change the position of the patient for images from different angles.
- The patient needs to be still.
CECT KUB involves exposure to high ionizing radiations with the body, which in itself is a big risk.
- The exposure to X-ray radiations is detrimental for the tissues and may lead to cancer.
- Pregnant women need to avoid this study due to high risks.
- Minor discomfort is associated due to holding one position for a long time.
A person needs to have prior preparation for the test.
- Remove all the jewellery from the body.
- Inform the doctor of bismuth-containing medicine intake.
- Tell the doctor during pregnancy.
- A patient should avoid the consumption of food before 4 hours of the test.
After the procedure, the patient can go home without worrying about anything.
- The doctor may give instructions as per the patient condition.
- In general, there is no special care required after the treatment.
- A person can continue his usual diet and activities.
Know more about the right approach and discuss the plan of action with the top doctors on mfine. Download the application now.