CD4 is a type of test used to confirm the presence of HIV in a patient. It is also used to find the problems existing in the immune system of the patient.
What is CD4?
CD4 is a test conducted to detect the presence of HIV in a patient. If the CD4 cell value is greater than 200 it means that HIV has infected the immune system. This test is used to detect various diseases like HIV, Cancer, autoimmune disorder etc…
Why is CD4 suggested?
CD4 is suggested when a patient is presented with the following symptoms,
- Sudden infection.
- Pain in the body.
- Continuous infection.
- Persistent Cold and cough
How is the CD4 test performed?
The CD4 Test is performed by,
- The blood is drawn from the vein of the patient with the help of a needle.
- The injection site is cleaned properly with antiseptic lotion and a chord is tied to separate the vein for easy access.
CD4 tests provide perfect results.
What are the parameters measured in CD4?
The parameters measured in CD4 are,
- The doctor conducts a blood test to confirm the disorder by measuring the count of all CD3, CD4, and CD8. (1)
Preparation before performing CD4
Before the CD4 test the patients should,
- Inform about the previous medical history and medications to the doctors.
- Also, mention your symptoms clearly to the doctor for proper treatment.
Post-care after CD4
Post-care after CD4 testing is,
- The patient can leave immediately after the test is done. It is a simple non-invasive procedure.
Sample types in CD4
The sample types in CD4 are,
Side effects of CD4 test
Common Side effects of CD4 tests are,
- The patient might experience pain while drawing blood.