Barbiturates are substances used as sedatives or pain killers but using the Barbiturates, Urine test, the quantity of the barbiturates can be detected.
What is Barbiturates, Urine?
Owing to the cases of overdose, the test of Barbiturates, Urine is carried out to evaluate their measures in the urine.
- The Barbiturates, Urine test is less expensive, easy and does not consume much time.
- The test also confirms the presence of any illegal substances.
Barbiturates, Urine can be taken up conveniently at a diagnostic centre.
Why is Barbiturates, Urine suggested?
Barbiturates, Urine is suggested in the following cases:
- If the person is suspected to have consumed barbiturates illegally.
- If the person is believed to behave inappropriately under the influence of some substance.
How is Barbiturates, Urine performed?
Barbiturates, Urine is performed as follows:
- An expert professional collects a sample of urine for conducting the test.
- There are 2 screenings done for the sample collected.
- The first test is the IA or Immunoassay and the other is GC-MS or Gas Chromatography-mass spectrometry.
- GC-MS is considered a better and more dependable process.
For Barbiturates, Urine test, the GC-MS takes are more expensive compared to IA.
What are the parameters measured in Barbiturates, Urine?
The parameters measured in Barbiturates, Urine are:
Preparation before performing Barbiturates, Urine
Preparation for Barbiturates, Urine requires the following:
- The patient can inform the doctor if he is taking any medications or supplements or herbal remedies.
- The genital area can be wiped clean to get an uncontaminated urine sample.
Post-care after Barbiturates, Urine
The patient can wait for the results and can see a doctor to confirm the results.
Sample types in Barbiturates, Urine
A urine sample is collected for Sample types in Barbiturates, Urine.
Side effects/risks of Barbiturates, Urine
Side effects of Barbiturates, Urine can be:
- Vomiting and constipation.
- Thinking abnormality.