An arterial Doppler left lower limb is a medical ultrasonography test which is performed to measure the amount of blood flow through the arteries.
What is Arterial Doppler Left Lower Limb?
Arterial Doppler left lower limb uses high-frequency sound waves to record and examine blood vessels and blood flow in the lower limb area.
Arterial Doppler left lower limb can be used to detect stenotic or occluded sections and may help diagnose venous insufficiency and peripheral artery disease.
It is a risk and pain-free procedure. It is a non-invasive test which requires less preparation.
How is Arterial Doppler Left Lower Limb performed?
Arterial Doppler left lower limb test is performed in the radiology department of a hospital or peripheral artery disease laboratories.
- The test is conducted when the patient is in the supine position. So, your doctor will ask you to lie down.
- A transducer will then be placed over different arteries of your leg for scanning purposes.
- The transducer directs high-frequency sound wave and scanning of the lower limb is done by moving the transducer.
- The transducer is moved along different arteries to compare different leg arteries and veins.
- All the images are projected and recorded on the computer.
While examining for Arterial Doppler left lower limb, the doctor will look for poorly functioning valves and narrowing of arteries. You may experience foot, ankle, toe ulcers or pain when walking due to this condition.
Side effects/risks of Arterial Doppler Left Lower Limb
Arterial Doppler left lower limb is a risk-free with little or no discomfort during the procedure.
Preparation before performing Arterial Doppler Left Lower Limb
There is no preparation as such for arterial Doppler left lower limb test. However, you should stop smoking hours before the test as it may affect the overall results.
Post-care after Arterial Doppler Left Lower Limb
There are no special instructions to be followed after arterial Doppler left lower limb test. You may ask our top doctors and ultrasound specialist on mfine if you have any problem regarding arterial Doppler left lower limb test.
Download the mfine app and consult physician online.